The first and largest lantern festival of its kind ever presented outside of China! This spectacular holiday light show features elaborate outdoor environments of vibrant color, light and design. The massive illuminated lanterns are just one of the many parts of this expansive festival. Global Winter Wonderland also includes international entertainment and cuisine, holiday shopping, a full carnival and community participation – making it a one-of-a-kind experience for all ages!
2011 – Santa Clara, CA – Great America Parking Lot – “Travel the World in Just One Day!”
- San Francisco declares February 6, 2012 as “Chinese Lantern Day”.
- Bollywood Day and Hispanic Day feature cultural entertainment.
- San Francisco 49ers Day to welcome their foundation, players and coaches.
- Lanterns made with recycled items – medicine bottles for the Phoenix Vase, CDs for the Dragon Boat, porcelain teacups, spoons and plates to make a Dragon and Phoenix
2012 – Santa Clara, CA – Inside Great America Theme Park – “Holiday Fun for Everyone!”
- City of Mountain View, CA declares a November 25, 2012 Chinese Lantern Day.
- Rudolph and Hermey Costumed Characters.
- Laser Light Show and a Traditional Peking Opera, “Monkey King” – Shows every night!
- Vietnamese Day, India Day, Hispanic Day and Chinese Day feature cultural entertainment.
- Global Winter Wonderland debuts its popular Dinosaur Maze.
- Two traditional Chinese Dragon lanterns over 100 feet long are a main attraction!
2013 – Atlanta, GA – Turner Field – “Travel the World in Just One Day!”
- UniverSoul Circus performs every night featuring aerial acrobats and motorcycle cage riding.
- Musical performances by B5, Keri Hilson, Coco Jones and Montel Jordan.
- Traditional Chinese Folk Art on display and for purchase.
- Appearances by cast members of Real Housewives of Atlanta and Love and Hip Hop Atlanta.
- Debut of the Global Village Tree lantern as well as Mount Rushmore and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Monument.
2014 – Sacramento, CA – Cal Expo – “Travel the World in One Night!”
Global Winter Wonderland returns to California and is hosted at Cal Expo in one of the most diverse cities in the United States – Sacramento. Spanning over 17 acres, Global Winter Wonderland invited guests to “Travel the World in One Night” and enjoy over 30 thrilling rides, entertainment from local communities and the event’s very own circus!
- Debut of Global Winter Wonderland’s very own Circus of Light featuring circus acts from around the world. Performances every night!
- Four multi-cultural parades featuring local and global participants.
- Cultural Theme Days – Asian Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Slavic, Shah Jahan Night, African American Day.
- Performances by Jana Kramer, Cimorelli and Pete Escovedo, Jr.
- Unique oil paintings from the region of Darfen in China are on display – and for sale!
- Special days to host charitable foundations of local sports teams Sacramento Kings (NBA), Sacramento Rivercats (PCL), and Sacramento Republic (MLS).
2015 – Sacramento, CA – Cal Expo and Tulare, CA – Tulare County Fair
For the first time, ICEG produces Global Winter Wonderland in two locations! The event returned to Cal Expo in Sacramento, CA and was hosted by the Tulare County Fairgrounds in Tulare, CA. The Tulare event showcased landmarks from around the world and featured a revamped Circus of Light. The Sacramento event featured a whole new theme, ALL new lanterns as well as new entertainment and activities!
- Sacramento, CA – “Magic of the Seasons”
- Circus of Light presents Acrobats on Ice – First time in the U.S.
- Golden 1 Holiday Ice Rink for public ice skating!
- All NEW lanterns including a 42-foot tall Beehive constructed of recycled medicine bottles!
- Multi-cultural parades every Saturday and Sunday featuring local and global participants.
- Tulare, CA – “Travel the World in One Night”
- Lanterns of iconic landmarks from around the world including St. Basil’s Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower.
- Circus of Light performs with acts from Africa, Russia and Argentina.
2016 – Sacramento, CA – Cal Expo & Tulare, CA – Tulare County Fair
Global Winter Wonderland returns! After successful events in Sacramento and Tulare in 2015, ICEG brings back Global Winter Wonderland to Sacramento and Tulare for the 2016 holiday season. Both locations introduced our new mascot, Penny the Penguin! Sacramento's brand new theme brought larger-than-life displays of Santa's Village, Candy Land, Snow Land, Toy Land and more. Tulare featured the "Magic of the Seasons" displays and also showcased new entertainment and activities.
- Sacramento, CA – “Holiday Fun for Everyone”
- Circus of Light returns with new acts from around the world!
- All NEW dazzling light displays featuring magical, holiday lands such a the Candy Forest and Toy Kingdom.
- Holiday Ice Rink and Arctic Snow Maze for guests of all ages!
- First-ever, indoor glow-in-the-dark activity center & under the sea indoor light display.
- Tulare, CA – “Magic of the Seasons”
- All NEW lanterns representing all four seasons, dinosaurs, the animal kingdom and international landmarks.
- Circus of Light returns with all new acts from Africa and China.
2017 – Sacramento, CA – Cal Expo and San Diego, CA – SDCCU Stadium
Global Winter Wonderland returns to Sacramento for its 4th season and makes its debut in San Diego! Through our renowned lantern displays that featured iconic buildings and landmarks around the globe, guests were invited to experience “Holidays Around the World.” At both locations, new displays, activities, and entertainment provided guests an immersive celebration of different cultures’ holidays. Global Winter Wonderland also provided brand-new entertainment in Sacramento and San Diego, with the Motorcycle Globe (up to 5 riders at one time!), Tight-Wire and Wheel of Death acts!
- Sacramento, CA – “Holidays Around the World”
- Circus of Light returns with exciting, new acts from around the world!
- All NEW lantern displays, including Egyptian Pharaohs & Pyramids, Brazilian Carnival Dancers, the Arc de Triomphe and Parthenon.
- Fun activities for kids & adults: Safari Maze, Holiday Ice Rink, Glow-in-the-Dark play room and over 30 thrilling carnival rides.
- San Diego, CA – “Holidays Around the World”
- Stunning lantern displays, representing 5 South American countries as well as Greece, Vietnam, Thailand, France and Egypt.
- Debut of Circus of Light with fire dancing, juggling, & hoop diving!
- Penny the Penguin & Santa visit and local food trucks provided international cuisine.